Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Starbucks - Chagrin Falls, Ohio


Side and Front of Starbucks


The Falls

















Chagrin Falls is a cute little town on the east side of Cleveland.  Starbucks has a perfect location, right next to The Falls.  In the picture above on the left, you can see the side of the building which is the same building in the picture on the right.  Starbucks occupies the first floor.  If you are lucky enough to grab the one and only table near the side windows, you can enjoy a view of The Falls while you sip your beverage.  I liked this town from the first time that I saw it.  In many ways it reminds me of a New Jersey town.  There is a wonderful main street around a center grassy area in which a grandstand stands ready to host bands or plays or just the occassional passerby.  The main area of town is full of shops, cafes and restaurants.  I find it very inviting.

After this evening spent in the Chagrin Falls' Starbucks, I like this town even more.  The shop for hours was bustling with groups of children from ages 12 or so through teen years.  Even though I along with other customers grew tired of the noise from the children, their popping in, joking and laughing with each other made this Starbucks feel like a hometown hangout, which I feel America could certainly use more of.  You know, those places that people call home and expect to find friends or family there when they themselves go in.  I've only been in a few Starbucks that have given me that feeling.

I found myself drawn into a conversation by the gentleman sitting near me.  Prior to his talking to me I noticed that he seem to know many people who came in or were already in the store.  He was interested in my letter writing and felt perfectly comfortable inquiring about it.  Like many people, he found it interesting that i was writing so much by long hand.  Anyway, we ended up talking about spiritual matters.  He shared with me his views and those of his guru, Roy Masters.  I was able to end the conversation with a promise to google Roy.  Before Mr. Spiritual came in, there were two men sitting at his table.  And what a conversation they were having!  I heard one of the men say at one point "Well, she gives everything away.  March of Dimes called and she gave away all of my socks."  I had no idea that March Of Dimes collected used socks, but the other guy was buying it.  Those two were spending their time sampling the free Blonde Brew.

Comfort Comments:  Small but homey feeling shop.  There were two over stuffed arm chairs in the front window with a small table between them on which sat a reading lamp.  The reading lamps in the front windows give a warm look to the shop.  It seems to me that this shop had plenty of outlets.

Shop Critique:  This Starbucks is very clean.  The condiments table was well taken care of and the bathroom was clean.  I saw employees thoroughly cleaning the floors and area behind the bar.  As with most Starbucks in the Cleveland area there did not seem to be enough seating.  But there is no way that this store could add more and the crowds did seem to come in spurts and then thin.

Employee Comments:  The employees were very friendly and busy.  They were busy the whole time either serving customers or cleaning.

Interesting Websites:
http://www.chagrinfallshistoricalsociety.org/
http://www.starbucks.com/coffee/blonde?gclid=CNuApa277K0CFUcCQAod5T678g
http://www.marchforbabies.org/
http://www.fhu.com/aboutroy.html

Pick of the Week: 
Little Willies - I Worship You

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling! Ivy! Listen up! Charlotte ended a sentence with a preposition!

    What is the world coming to?

    ReplyDelete